cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Using 4 TCP Ports

matt.s
Level 1
Level 1

Just looking for configuration for LB on two Servers and the Application listens on 4 TCP Ports? We have 11503.

Thanks

Matt

6 Replies 6

Martin Kyrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi matt,

(1) do you need configure VIP listening on several (four) ports (and the same on the server side), or (2) VIP listening on one port and real server listening on several ports?

1. It's not possible. You need to configure several contents, or one content without specifying port (L3 rule only). here can be a problem with sticky, because CSS can't share sticky between several contents.

2. It's posible. If service is listening only on one tcp/udp port, you can define several services (the same ip address, different port). You can use sticky in this configuration without problem.

regards,

martin

The client connects to the Fax Server on these ports: 1052, 1053, 10520, 10521.

(same four ports)

all data are transferred in one tcp flow? if right, you can use four contents (each for different tcp port) without sticky. It will be working.

martin

We will have 2 Fax Servers.

Can I create L3 Content Rule no Port?

Can I create a Service with no Port?

And use Source IP Sticky?

Thanks

Matt

only 1 port can be specified on a content rule and but if you want to

match any port, then a layer 3 only content rule would need to be created so that all

ports are matched.

When port command is not defined under content rule & Service they become L3 only.

Answers inline

Can I create L3 Content Rule no Port?

Yes you can

e.g

content noport

vip address 10.10.10.10

add service servicex

active

Can I create a Service with no Port?

Yes

service servicex

ip address 192.168.1.1

active

And use Source IP Sticky?

Yes

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

It's possible.

In other words, L3 rule is listening on 'all' ports.

martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: