cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity VM Attendant Delay?

edvalasek
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone experience delay issues for users when they enter the voicemail box?

I have a user who says that sometimes they are not prompted for their password from anywhere between 1 minute all the way up to 15 minutes sometimes....

Running Unity 4.2(1)

It seems to be an isolated user / situation

They also complaing that their phone does not always ring when an incoming call comes in and it goes straight to voicemail. Maybe unrelated but it is the same user.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ed

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

If this is an isolated user issue please keep in midn that Unified Messaging subscribers should not have Inboxes that exceed 100 MB or 1,000 messages. Because the processing of messages happens in real-time. When the users log on to check their messages, mailbox size directly impacts Cisco Unity conversation performance and if they have too many messages this can cause some sort of delay.

HTH

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Okay, I appreciate the heads up.... I will look and see how large their MBs are. I know they probably do not have 1,000 VMs but the size might be an issue if they have held on to a bunch of them.

Thanks!

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: