Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point serial number

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I want to collect the serialnumbers of some AccessPoints (Cisco AIR-AP1120) and tried the "show version" command there. Result:

Part Number : ###########

PCA Assembly Number : ###########

PCA Revision Number : ###########

PCB Serial Number : ###########

Top Assembly Part Number : ###########

Top Assembly Serial Number : ###########

Top Revision Number : ##

Product/Model Number : ###########

There is no such thing as "System Serial Number", so which part is the serial number ?! Or should I use another command?

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe it is the Top Assembly Serial Number. The Serial number, such as S/N: VDF0636XXXX (11 alphanumeric digits) is located on the back of the AP. Take a look at one AP and verify that the Serial Number that is on the back matches one on the show version.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

I can confirm that it's the Top Assembly Serial Number. That really confused me the first time I looked it up via CLI.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe it is the Top Assembly Serial Number. The Serial number, such as S/N: VDF0636XXXX (11 alphanumeric digits) is located on the back of the AP. Take a look at one AP and verify that the Serial Number that is on the back matches one on the show version.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I can confirm that it's the Top Assembly Serial Number. That really confused me the first time I looked it up via CLI.

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the submission guys. I can continue my work.

Cheers.

Michael

Giorgos_Mama
Level 1
Level 1

A bit late but for guys still having the question you can run the command "show ap inventory all" in airos wlcs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card