cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web/Sa Subscriber hangs during opening

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

I can connect to my Unity Web/SA page fine from my workstation but when I click on Subscriber pagelink, it just hangs with hour glass. If I RDP to the machine, I can open it on the server. Running Unity 4.05 I have DNS entry. If I connect using IP address, it works. I have verified that it is not CSA. Please help.

16 Replies 16

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you restart the WWW services on the Unity service, does it work now? There is a known bug that seems to hang SA on login, etc. If you restart the WWW service on Windows, it fixes it. There is a patch to download to fix this, you can search the forums or search the bug tool kit to find it.

Restarting the WWW service does not fix the issue? I can connect to main page and I can go to other pages. It seem like it is only subscribers page that it is hanging

then try restarting IIS service which will restart several other services. This will not effect Unity.

If this does not work try rebooting Unity.

Randy

Is it for everyone user or just one user? If the problem replicates itself on another machine logging into the Web/SA, then I would suspect Unity. If another machine can log in fine, then it's your desktop.

Remember, the Media Bar is trying to load when you click on a subscriber. So if it is being blocked at the desktop in IE, then that is your problem.

If you suspect Unity, I would stop Unity services from the Console (tray blue check mark box) and then start services. It's not uncommon for Unity to need a "kick" everyone now and they or a routine reboot once a month.

Restarting IIS Admin services did not work.

Restarting the Server did not fix issue.

It happens on all machines.

Do you have any errors in the Application or system log on Windows?

Unfortunately no. Tonight, I am going to open and let it run and see if it ever times out

checked my workstation event vieweri get a event message

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512 hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0 hang address 0x00000000

I searched the Bug toolkit and could not find the patch

Are you running 4.05 with the ES patches? There are many updates for 4.05 that could help.. not sure.

On the Unity server, the Application log in windows would say if anything is wrong. (typically)

No ES patches. I know we are little behind with the OS patches. The only upgrade we have done is the TSP version to 8.2(1) I am going to check that.

yeah, TSP would not cause this. THere is also Service Pack 1 that should be install for Unity. 4.05 has had a lot issues in the past. (at least from my experiences)

What version browser are you using on the Unity Console? IE 6?

and on your desktop what version browser IE 7?

Im running IE 6 on both console and desktop

I am running ES 60 on my other Unity Server.

Looking at the old TAC ticket, we applied this patch to fix similiar issue. We are going to give it a try.

I am running OS update 2.0.5.0

Beside running backup, is there any special instructions for applying ES patch. I could not find install instructions for ES patches

run it at the console or VNC. (no RDP) Probably have to reboot.

Run DIRT before you run it.

Have you ran DBwalker yet to see if you have any errors first?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: