cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog reporting the wrong IP address

Ronald Nutter
Level 1
Level 1

I have several routers on our WAN that are reporting the wrong ip address in the Syslog message. The address that is being reported in this case is the serial interface and not the loopback interface. We have logging source-interface loopback0 in the config. It is working on most of the routers but we have a few where it isnt. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Ron

5 Replies 5

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked the version differences on the IOS between the ones that work and the ones that don't? That could be an issue. The ones that work may be a newer IOS version.

--John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I had thought about that. I have looked at that. I have a router on the same type of hardware and same IOS that isnt showing this problem and another one that is. I have done a stare and compare between the configs and dont see any differences. IOS version is 12.4.9.10. No bugs relating this problem listed in the database. I have 2 sites on 12.4.9.t7 that are showing the problem. Trying to find other sites on this same code to see if going to a newer code might help. Since we are running VOIP and MPLS, I have to be careful when changing code on the routers to avoid introducing other problems.

Ron

Ron

Would you post the config of one of the routers that has the problem? Perhaps another pair of eyes would find something.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

dave.keith
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind, I missed the comment on "logging source-interface"... oops

Dave

Ron

Perhaps along with the config you could post the output of show ip interface brief?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: