Views
Helpful
Replies

Groups In The Wrong Place In CS

mrashby
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have configured some user defined groups in CS but I configured them under RME and not in the CS folder. Now when I try to access my devices in other apps i.e. DFM, IPM, and so on. I have to access my devices by expanding the all devices folder instead of being able to go to one of my user defined folders. Is there a way in CS that will allow me to move the folders from under the RME folder and into the CS folder? For clarification I listed the path of where the folder currently is and where I want to move it to.

Where Region 1 is currently located -/RME@2KS3-HQ-CSCWRKS/User Defined Groups/Region_1

Where I want to move Region 1 to -/CS@2KS3-HQ-CSCWRKS/User Defined Groups/Region_1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moving groups is not possible. If you want to create this group under Common Services, go to Common Services > Groups > Group Admin. Create the new group there.

That said, each application has its own grouping attributes. Depending on what ruleset you used to create the group under RME, it may not be possible to recreate the group under Common Services. However, you can access User Defined Groups from RME in any application if you enable this feature under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Selector Settings > Group Customization.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moving groups is not possible. If you want to create this group under Common Services, go to Common Services > Groups > Group Admin. Create the new group there.

That said, each application has its own grouping attributes. Depending on what ruleset you used to create the group under RME, it may not be possible to recreate the group under Common Services. However, you can access User Defined Groups from RME in any application if you enable this feature under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Selector Settings > Group Customization.

J,

Thanks for the info that worked now I don't have to go back and recreate all those regions. That would be a neat feature to have to be able to move groups though. Thanks.

Mario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco