cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spoke-to-spoke multicast problems

kymera-it
Level 1
Level 1

I have am trying to setup a network for a video surveillance system. The network is setup in a hub spoke configuration with multicast sources and receivers at all of the spokes. I am using a DMVPN configuration to encrypt tunnels from the spokes to the hubs and spokes to spokes. I am currently able to to get multicast traffic to the hub from all of the spokes but I can't see to get it from spoke-to-spoke. I don't know that much about configuring multicast so it may be a simple mistake on my part. I have attached configs from two of my spoke routers and my hub router. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

5 Replies 5

j.bourque
Level 1
Level 1

I don't see the configs attached. What hardware devices are you using for the hub and spoke ends?

I accidentally submitted the post twice the original had the configs. They are attached below. The routers that I am using are 2821's for the spokes and a 7201 for the hub.

j.bourque
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d6f7.shtml

This looks like a sample of what you are trying to configure. A few specific differences between your config and the sample. Hope this helps.

Thanks j.bourque for the response but I have DMVPN setup and it works. I can get unicast traffic between the spokes but not multicast. Multicast is not an area I know much about. I have tried several things that I have found online but am not sure how get the multicast from spoke to spoke. I am not even sure if I am setting multicast correctly on the routers. Most of the examples I have found are only for one source and several receivers and I have many of both.

Perhaps a better design would be to integrate DMVPN with IOS Secure Multicast. Have a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6552/prod_qas0900aecd80471915.html

Regards

Farrukh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card