cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spoke-to-spoke multicast problems

kymera-it
Level 1
Level 1

I have am trying to setup a network for a video surveillance system. The network is setup in a hub spoke configuration with multicast sources and receivers at all of the spokes. I am using a DMVPN configuration to encrypt tunnels from the spokes to the hubs and spokes to spokes. I am currently able to to get multicast traffic to the hub from all of the spokes but I can't see to get it from spoke-to-spoke. I don't know that much about configuring multicast so it may be a simple mistake on my part. I have attached configs from two of my spoke routers and my hub router. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

5 Replies 5

j.bourque
Level 1
Level 1

I don't see the configs attached. What hardware devices are you using for the hub and spoke ends?

I accidentally submitted the post twice the original had the configs. They are attached below. The routers that I am using are 2821's for the spokes and a 7201 for the hub.

j.bourque
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d6f7.shtml

This looks like a sample of what you are trying to configure. A few specific differences between your config and the sample. Hope this helps.

Thanks j.bourque for the response but I have DMVPN setup and it works. I can get unicast traffic between the spokes but not multicast. Multicast is not an area I know much about. I have tried several things that I have found online but am not sure how get the multicast from spoke to spoke. I am not even sure if I am setting multicast correctly on the routers. Most of the examples I have found are only for one source and several receivers and I have many of both.

Perhaps a better design would be to integrate DMVPN with IOS Secure Multicast. Have a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6552/prod_qas0900aecd80471915.html

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card