cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License for 3.1 install

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm installing 3.1 to a new server, when I rec'd the upgrade it did not come with a PAK number so I am unable to get a license file to install 3.1 and license for 3.0 doesn't work....how can I get the license file, also, when I got the 3.1 upgrade there was no S/N assigned.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No. You can just install your LMS 3.0 license when prompted, or after the install of 3.1 is complete.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The license for LMS 3.0 DOES work with 3.1. If you purchased a 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade, you can simply reuse the 3.0 license provided you do not leave a 3.0 server with that license online. If you do an inline upgrade, you don't have to worry about licensing at all as it will be taken care of automatically.

Since I am installing to a new server to replace the old server will I need to install 3.0 first?

No. You can just install your LMS 3.0 license when prompted, or after the install of 3.1 is complete.

Got it installed, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: