cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set internal caller id for translation pattern off-net

d-roush
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to be able to dial a 5 digit extension and forward it to a 800# via a translation pattern. The problem we are having is we don't want our users to know the call is being forwarded off-net. We currently are blocking the Caller ID via the translation Pattern, but would like to be able to actually have it say something else beside "Private". Any ideas? Thanks

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

If you want to setup an internal caller id, use the "Display (Internal Caller ID" parameter under the "Line Settings For This Device" on the line configuration of the phone.

Create a "!" translation pattern in its own partition, create a CSS just for this phone (or any that need to be hidden) and include this "!" partition and the first partition in this new CSS, in the "!" translation pattern specify the desired calling party number, and exit the translation pattern with a normal CSS.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

One possible solution which you may not have you considered is to configure a Route Point instead of a translation pattern to CFA to a specific route-pattern.

You will need to delete or assign the translation-pattern to a different partition before configuring the Route Point DN.

Configure the Route Point DN within the same partition as you previous translation-pattern to save confusion. Then set the CFA on the CTI RP to the PSTN number.

Within the Route Point DN you can then configure the alterting/display name, so that when you dial the Route Point DN12345 it will display the name.

For example say you assigned your RP 12345 with the Display/Alterting name 'Anyname', and your CFA is 90123456789.

When you dial 12345 you will see on the display something like as follows:-

TO 'Anyname' (12345).

Unfortunately I cannot test this completely, to the extent of being connected the PSTN called number. When I CFA the RP to a route-pattern via H.323 the above is what I see on the IP Phone when 12345 is dialled.

Hope this helps

Allan.

Allan for the Solution. I will test and post my results.

Thanks.

Allan

I tested your solution and while it does display what we want when dialed, once the number gets forwarded, it shows the forwarded number, which may not be a big deal since they are already seeing it now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: