7965 extension mobility media resources problem?

Unanswered Question
Oct 28th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi All,

I have a strange problem - either a bug or simply me being stupid.

I have got CUCM 6.1(2) and a bunch of 7965's with Extension Mobility setup. When the phones are not logged in I make calls between them, place calls on hold and hear my music-on-hold. Also I can setup an ad-hoc conference between logged out phones without any issue.

As soon as I login on the same 7965 phones used above the picture changes - when I place a call between the logged in phones on hold there is no music, just beeps. And I can not setup an ad-hoc conference between the logged in phones any more.

As far as I remember, the access to media resources is controlled by a device, in our case - 7965, and by a device only. UDP has nothing to do with media resources access (as far as I understand it). Am I correct? Is it still the same or is it different in 6.1(2) now? I can not see anything in the configuration. Any idea what it might be?

Thanks a lot.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alexander.Khlem... Wed, 10/29/2008 - 04:38
User Badges:

Hi All,

Not to bother any more - I have found the answer to the problem.

It has nothing to do with 7965's and/or Extension Mobility. It is Dual Media Streaming Voice Recording! As soon as a line was configured for DMS voice recording it could not hear MoH or setup an Ad-Hoc conference! “No More MTP Resources Available” says the Trace though MTP resources are configured.

I wonder if it is a bug or a feature.

Alexander.Khlem... Wed, 11/12/2008 - 04:35
User Badges:

Hi All,

Here is the fix of the problem from Cisco TAC:

Disable "Advertise G.722 Codec" in enterprise parameters.

And this fix does work!

Actions

This Discussion