urgent CCIE help

Unanswered Question
Oct 28th, 2008

guys if i have 2610......will that be enough to do all routing practice for ccie lab???? what shd be the min ram and flash......i am going for lab in few months and i tried really hard with dynagin....but cpu issues alwaays so i have decided to go for real equipment.....all i wanna ask is will these router will do all stuff for ccie routing and switching (except swicthing part) i will grab cisco 2522 as FR swicth as well.....guys i need your help . please help me out as i am already very tense....thnaks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Collin Clark Wed, 10/29/2008 - 08:11

The IOS in the lab is 12.4 mainline - Advanced Enterprise Services. If you choose to run different IOS than that, you might see things that you wouldn't expect in the lab. If it were me, I would want to be prepared for as much as possible so I would run that IOS in my lab. That being said you will need hardware to run the appropriate IOS. The 2600XM series can run it, but the non-XM can not. The minimum flash/dram is 128/32.

Hope that helps and good luck on the lab.

srue Wed, 10/29/2008 - 13:26

you should try to get either a 2600XM series router. they can handle the newer/bigger IOS'es.

You should also try dynamips, at least for the router labs.

lffrwatson Wed, 11/05/2008 - 10:46

Why not rent some rack time online and pratice with there equipment? Also do you have some 3550's and 3560's switches to play with? Those are very expensive so I suggest renting gear online.

This Discussion