cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

force traffic to use PPP for static and eigrp

edongskiu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, The setup is i got a static ip route on two core switch 6509 and an eigrp on the other two core switches 6509. The route thru WAN is very slow and i installed a leased line and place two routers in between.

I am planning to use EIGRP with redistribute but my dillema is how do i prevent other traffic/segment not to use it unless it's an email traffic? and if the line fails it will use the existing WAN line. i only know of access list but it will block all traffic but what if the line fails how do it automatically use our WAN?

2 Replies 2

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

can you make a diagram to more understand your question?

Please see layout

The main sites are not allowed to see each directly due to IP conflict. a VRF was placed to address this issue temporarily.

What i need is getting only the email taffic pass the leased line and the rest will continue using the existing WAN. Also, if possible in case the leased line fails, it will use the existing WAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card