Unity Domino Active directory

Unanswered Question
Oct 28th, 2008

Hi ,

This is Rohan.

I have a question regarding the Active directory in a domino set up for Unified communication.

First I would like to explain the set up. The user is already using a Unity voice messaging server and a domino address book.They log in to thier system using thier Domain login of the compamy and then they check thier mails using the Domino login.

My questions are :

1. Which server is acting as Active directory? Is it the domino address book or another server acting as Active direcrtory.

2. Could we use the Domino address book as Active Directory ?

3. Where do we create the Users required for Uniity install , Msgservices, and Directory Services?

4. Which domain does the unity services log on and which domain does the users log on?

I have to install a Unity server with unified communication in the same domain. Now I am confused as to what has to be used as the acitve directory . Is it thier Domino domain to which I have to integrate my system or is it the Active directory domain to which i have to integrate my new Unity server or is it both.

I also want t know the exact location where the four accounts for unity installation will be created in the set up.

Thanks and Regards

Rohan Sahi.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion