I did a site survey today using one AIR AP-1242G-A-K9 v03 box with Antenna (8dBi forgot the model) to 9 rooms in a building. These conference rooms were situated at the edge of the building 6 in ground floor and 3 at the second level. Two rooms are typically small.
I found out there, that their requirements are tough that no wireless signal should come escape outside the building so that when a site survey is done outside the building, no wireless signal should be seen.
1. Is the requirement above possible? They are talking about one directional antenna? Is this solution available?
2. If so, what antenna model is this that does and only burst its signal in one direction at a specific angle?
3. If there is, can this angle be adjusted via web management of the AP?
4. I find it hard setting WPA/WPA2 PSK via web, is there any simpler steps available somewhere in the web?
5. If no external antenna is not installed to the AP, what is typical strength of this AP? or should an antenna be required for this no matter how small is the room?
6. Is there any available simpler steps in manipulating the power settings of AP so that range and signal power can be adjusted?
7. Is there a document that shows what and how much angle (drawings) wireless signal extends to a specified available 2.4GHz antenna?
Any information would really help me.