Views
Helpful
Replies

CME presence feature: multisite

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have 4 agencies with individual CME4.2 on each site. A H323 hub is in the middle to connect and route calls between them.

Today, our customer wants to implement presence feature on these phones, especially BLF. He wants to monitor other phones of the local site AND remote phones of other sites.

I see in the CME System guide that the presence monitoring of a remote CME is possible since 4.1. There are some "presence" commands to enter, and we have to enter the IP address of the remote CME. But, there is no mention about the case of several remote CMEs.

The "server ip" command under "presence" in IOS is unique and I cannot enter several IP addresses.

So, I would like to know if someone succeed to play with presence with more than 2 CMEs.

Moreover, the guide mentions the usage of SIP trunks to get presence SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY messages. But, I dont know if I have to create especially a SIP dial-peer between sites, or if the presence service of IOS does the trunk automatically thanks to the presence commands (cf. system guide) without specific dial-peer.

Thank you for your feedbacks.

Yorick

1 Reply 1

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone already implemented this?

Thank you.

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: