cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax machine not answering incoming call

richard.leclerc
Level 1
Level 1

We have few HP laserjet 4345 MFP connected to ATA. We are able to send faxes but when we receives faxes, the fax does not seems to detect the ring provided by the ATA. We are able to ring a phone.

8 Replies 8

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

what type of fax do you have ?

if it's super G3; it will not work, because his spped is fixed at 33kbps.

Regards

I am not getting to the fax negotiation. The fax does not detect the incoming call. Looks like the ring voltage or waveform problem.

I fixed the problem by adding a ring booster on the analog line

I have the exact same issue...can you tell me which ring booster you used. Thanks

See:

http://www.sandman.com/

for an extensive line of such products.

I am using the RING VOLTAGE BOOSTER II with the ATA.

With the VG224, you do not have the problem.

Hi Guys,

This is a known hardware problem with the ATA interop'ing with the HP MFP's.

There is another common issue with the external ring tone as well. Please try calling from an IP phone to see if the MFP will answer. If it does, it's an issue with the 'external ring tone' that the newer ATAs play.

If it does not, you're hitting a hardware defect on the ATA: CSCsx42454

The hardware is still being worked out/distributed, but it is a known issue. If you have an older ATA with the INMxxxxxxx serial number, this will work properly.

hth,

nick

Unfortunately TAC could not RMA me any ATAs with a serial number that starts with INM. The logistics dept. sent me another ATA with the serial number starting with FCH. I guess we will try the Ring Voltage Booster II off the sandman.com website.