Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express Outlook Integration

meggerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just installed the licence for this on my meeting place express administration center.

What steps do I have to go throught next to get the outlook global directory accessible for users to schedule meetings "By email" section on schedule meeting ?

I have the MPE configure maintain 2.0 PDF but cant see where the right section is ?

also how do I select a user now from our active directory "From directory" section on schedule

many thanks

Megz

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

In MPE, the "From Directory" section lists only those users with MPE profiles. Rather than use the "By email" section, where you can schedule people by entering their email address, you can schedule directly from Outlook. Install the Outlook plugin on the user PC. This plugin adds a new tab to the Calendar Meeting notice. The user opens a new meeting notice in Outlook and then clicks on the MeetingPlace tab. The user is prompted to login and enters userid. From there, all of the MPE schedule options are available. Users in the GAL are added as you would schedule a meeting in Outlook, by using the Scheduling tab and click on Add Others. Hope this helps, Ginger

Hi,

exellent thanks for the information gkavan.

what is the first instance in which the outlook plugin is installable on the user PC ? do they have to visit the scheduling webpage first and download, where abouts is it.

many thanks

Megz

just to add i have ran the browser test now but i still cant find the meeting place scheduling section on outlook ? what other steps will i have to take.

again, many thanks

Megz

Hi -

The Outlook plugin, which has a link to the PC download from the MPE Attend page, has some requirements typical of Outlook plugins:

- You need local administrative rights on the PC

- Outlook must be down during install, or at least closed/restarted following the install

- Any ActiveSync devices must be removed as these keep a portion of Outlook in memory; same for the Microsoft Office Communicator client.

- Another thing to check if the MeetingPlace tab is not showing when you open a new meeting notice in Outlook, go to Outlook - Tools - select Options, select the Other tab - select Advanced Options - select the Add-In Manager tab. Make sure the MeetingPlace for Outlook add-in is checked (enabled).

Ginger

Hi Giner,

thanks for your detailed reply. On the MPE attend (or schedule) page there is no link there is only the standard "run browser test" link which when i click runs and produces this

Player:

Version: 10 Revision: 12

Platform: WIN

Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Add-In: Installed

App Server Connection: Successful

Connection: Successful

Protocol: rtmp

Connect Time: 1977ms

Bandwidth

Upstream: 2289Kbits/sec

Downstream: 2582Kbits/sec

Latency: 34ms

so everything connects.

so i then enter outlook and enter the Add-in Manager tab and there is no MeetingPlace for outlook add-in in the list ? nor when i try add one is there anything that would indicate anything that looks like a meetingplace add in.

my licences look like this..

voiceconf 20 20 Max that can be enabled on this system: 40

webconf 20 20 Max that can be enabled on this system: 40

videoconf 6 6 Max that can be enabled on this system: 40

systemsoftware 1 1 Valid for version 2.0

languages No No

stdvoiceconf 6 0

stdvideoconf 6 0

is there anything else to try ? I have managed to run meetings before and successfully sned the invitation template internally and externally by manually typing the email within meetingplace (schedule) or by adding a pre-setup user which has email credentials.

it is a new system and hardly used at the moment I would be able to reboot with no problems but is this normal in order for changes to take effect ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: