Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have justed noticed that on directory number assigned to a 7937 , there is no option for recording profile or call recording.

should i assume by this that it is not supported?

anyone noticed this?

Regards

Mark

Ps Callmanager 6.1.2

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7937 is a 3rd-Party conference device. This feature does not support 3rd-Party devices.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

I'm pretty sure the 7937 does not have the "Built-in Bridge" capabilities required for Call Recording.

Call recording in Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(1) is supported by all 3rd-generation phones (Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G, 7931G, ,7941G, 7941G-GE, 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7970G, and 7971G-GE models).

Silent Monitoring/Recording Architecture

Cisco has adopted an IP phone-based approach for silent monitoring instead of the typical SPAN approach. The agent's phone mixes the media streams of the agent-to-customer call and sends that stream to the supervisor.

Cisco has also adopted an IP phone-based approach for call recording. The agent's phone relays the two media streams of the agent-to-customer call to the recorder.

Both features rely on the phone's internal DSP resources (BIB).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/UC6.1.1/features_apps/CMmonrec.html#wp998251

Hope this helps!

Rob