cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keep Call Control Local on SRST setup?

cposti01
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way I can keep Call Control Local in my SRST site? I would love to get rid of all unnecessary Traffic. Doesn't Call Control become local anyway when the WAN is dropped?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, call control is kept local if SRST kicks in. otherwise call control goes to the CUCM server if WAN is OK. what you're looking for is CME on that site to keep everything local, or, depending on the number of phones, another CUCM server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ya, i understand that call control becomes local when SRST kicks in, but was wanting traffic to stay local all the time. Our very secure network has the call control going through a pretty intense route path by the time it gets to us. I may start looking at CME set-ups for future remote site deployments. thanks guys...

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it becomes local when the WAN is dropped. But prior to WAN outage all the call handling is done by CUCM at the central site. You can configure the SRST router at your end to be a CME and then make a SIP trunk between CME and CUCM if you want the local processing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: