Here's an interesting issue:
I am able to register several IP Communicator apps with my CUCM 5.1.3c cluster successfully and everything works great - except no Corporate Direcory nor Personal Directory options appear in IPC when the Directory button is pressed and the IPC client OS is Vista.
Here's the kicker - only reproducable on Vista machines. Directories work great for all Win XP clients in this same cluster.
Some other info:
1. My URL for Directories is expressed as an IP address rather than a name.
2. We confirmed connectivity exists for the Vista PC by placing the following in the address field of a browser on the PC:
The Vista browser receives the same XML response provided to working XP and 2003 clients.
3. I reviewed and performed the suggested action for 'IP Communicator Users are Unable to View Corporate Directory' here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_tech_note09186a008026d36f.shtml#directory1
WinXp IPCs worked as before; Vista IPCs still do not.
4. We tried directly expressing a Directory username and password as suggested by the IP Communicator user guide. http://www.cusd.com/training/voip/cug21book.pdf
Also, no change.
5. I found a related Netpro post here but no direct resolution:
We disabled all internal firewalls on the Vista PC as suggested in that post.
Does anyone have a suggestion how to resolve the inability to access the Corporate Directory for IPC on a Vista PC?