cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WDS Issue

oqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

I have network of 7 AP's all of them 1240 series running with full IOS. I have configured one AP as WDS and the same AP is configured as local Radius server for WDS. All the AP's get registered with WDS and clients also get connected but just after making connection my clients keep leaving the BSS and roams or leaves/disassociates the AP. Few clients seems to be working fine but majority of them connects to the nearest AP tries to get IP from DHCP while client is going through this process it roams or leave BSS. This is really confusing for me as WDS is working fine and I can see all Ap's getting register to it but client connectivity is an issue.

Also I would like to know if I dont configure Local Radius Authentication for WDS, will roaming still work if one AP is WDS server and rest are client AP's

Omair

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

When you configure Wireless Domain Services on your network, access points on your wireless LAN use the WDS device (either an access point, an Integrated Services Router, or a switch configured as the WDS device) to provide fast, secure roaming for client devices and to participate in radio management.An access point configured as the WDS device supports up to 60 participating access points, an Integrated Services Router (ISR) configured as the WDS devices supports up to 100 participating access points.Try configuring WDS and LOCAL RADIUS Server on different APs.Configuring an external RADIUS server will also be a better option.

Take a look at this url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_8_JA/configuration/guide/s38roamg.html#wp1035881

Issue was solved after we upgraded the wireless network card drivers in IBM T60 laptops. For some reason if AP's are broadcasting multiple SSID's the old driver didnt seems to read the network properly. Its all ok now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card