cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone Number

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM 6.1.1 that goes through an Avaya Definity G3Si via a ISDN line. When you call a cell phone on an IP phone is just shows the 4 digit Directory Number that is assigned to that phone in Call Manager. How do you get the area code and prefix to show up as well?

11 Replies 11

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check each DN in CCM to be sure it has an External Phone Number Mask which includes the area code and prefix. Then check each route pattern to be sure they have the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" box checked.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I have in the External Phone Number mask

575625XXXX

should I have the actual last four digits or is the XXXX okay?

XXXX should work fine. Be sure to check your route patterns for "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask".

Brandon

I have gone to the Route Pattern and put a check mark in the "Use calling party's external phone mask" and have in the External Phone Mask the for the phone, the area code, prefix and number and it still just shows the last four digits you when you call an outside line. How do i get it to show the full number.

Are you modifying the calling number at the route pattern, route list or gateway? Anything in the mask field at any of these levels?

Brandon

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Please see below the places in callmanager administration where you can configure caller ID:

------------------------------------------------------

1) "Directory Number Configuration" page.

Scroll down to "External Phone Number Mask". Enter here the number that you want to send to the PSTN. Then click on "update" at the top of the page. You have to repeat this same procedure for the other extensions configured for this IP Phone (if you want to send those numbers also to the PSTN).

2) "Route Pattern Configuration" page.

Locate the route pattern that you are using for doing calls to the PSTN.

Scroll down to the "Calling Party Transformations" section.

- If you check the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" checkbox, you will use the number that you configured in the "Directory Number Configuration" page as caller ID.

- If you uncheck that checkbox, then you can configure the "Calling Party Transform Mask". Just enter here a number like, as an example, 978858xxxx (callmanager will fill out the xxxx with phone's 4-digit extension).

3) "Route List Detail Configuration" page.

Go to the "Calling Party Transformations" section.

"Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" > if you set it to "on", you will use the number that you configured in the "Directory Number Configuration" page as caller ID. If you set it to "off", then you need to configure the "Calling Party Transform Mask" (next line on this same page). The setting that you use here will override the settings that you configured in the "Route Pattern Configuration" page.

You configure the "Calling Party Transform Mask" here in the same way as explained for the "Route Pattern Configuration" page.

4) "Gateway Configuration" page.

Go to the Gateway and select the PRI that you are using for outgoing calls. Under 'Outbound Calls' you should see the Caller ID DN field. In here you can configure also the Caller ID.

In other words Caller ID works as follows:

- Gateway configuration overrides everything else.

- Route List configuration overrides the Route Pattern and the Directory Number Configuration.

- Route Pattern overrides only the Directory Number configuration.

When I go to the gateway and look under the outbound calls there is a Caller ID DN field which is currently blank. What do I need to put in this field.

We do not have any Route Lists configured in Call Manager.

Can you post the "debug isdn q931" traces of the Voice gateway?

Currently I have the ten digit number displaying on external calls. I went to the Gateway and changed the caller ID DN to 575624XXXX and it displays the full number on the cell phone. We use Unity Connection and have it configured to send you an e-mail when you get a call and a voice mail is left. The e-mail that is sent shows the 4 digit number instead of the ten digit number. What changes do I need ot make to have this show the ten digit number? When you call from the Avaya PBX is will show a ten digit number in the e-mail notification if you leave a message.

Try this...

SMTP-Compatible Notification Devices

Once you have enabled Cisco Unity Connection to use SMTP for message notifications, you can enable users to receive message notifications at an e-mail address, on their text pagers and on text-compatible cell phones by using SMTP. Message notification settings for each user account allow you to control how and when Connection notifies a user of new messages. When a message arrives that matches the criteria selected in the message notification settings, the Connection Messaging System sends a text message entered by you or the user, such as "Urgent message for Technical Support."

(To learn how to enable the Connection server to use SMTP for message notifications, see the "Setting Up SMTP and SMS (SMPP) Message Notifications" chapter of the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection, available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.)

To Enable an SMTP-Compatible Device to Receive Message Notifications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the user account or template that you want to edit.

Step 2 On the Edit menu, click Notification Devices.

Step 3 On the Notification Devices page, in the Display Name list, click SMTP.

Step 4 On the Edit Notification Device (SMTP) page, check the Enabled check box.

Step 5 In the To field, enter the e-mail address of the user text pager, mobile device, or other e-mail address.

Step 6 In the From field, enter the phone number that the user will call to check messages.

Step 7 If the notifications will be delivered to a device that supports web browsing, check the Include a Link to Cisco PCA in Text Message check box so that the user can click the link to open the Cisco PCA and listen to the message.

Step 8 Enter other settings, as applicable.

Step 9 Click Save.

i know how to configure this and it it currently set up. My question is that when a caller with an IP phone calls and leaves a message only the last four digits of their number show up. If a caller from the Avaya PBX or an outside caller calls, ten digits show up in the e-mail alert. How do I get the IP phones to show up as ten digits?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: