cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Access Manager and Microsoft Certs error

flitcraft33
Level 1
Level 1

So I am ditty bopping through the always highly detailed Cisco procedures for adding my own root cert as a trusted certificate authority on my Clean Access Manager ver. 4.5.0 . I have generated a request, received my cert from my onsite root CA (we are our own self signed root CA), and am trying to import it when I get the error "Must include end entity certificate ... ". Not knowing what this is or what it might mean, I Google it and find responses that only deepened my puzzlement. Stumped, I try the Cisco site with no success, not a single hit on this error message. So, finally, I am posting here. I have tried to import the PEM encoded CA-signed cert as per instructions. Sadly I get this message. There is NO intermediate CA (we are a small shop) so I am genuinely clueless here. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

The last certificate in the certification path is not an intermediate certificate and is an end entity certificate, but it can also be a CA certificate. The file "caCerts" contains the collection of end entity certificates on the CAM/CAS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: