cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 config question

mrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed LMS 3.1 and added the devices on the LMS and the configuration from all the devices are archived. I want to apend some configuration to the spefic device. If anybody can help me on that.

5 Replies 5

dany.datacraft
Level 1
Level 1

Try the NetConfig feature in RME.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean you want to modify your devices' configurations using RME, this can be done using Netconfig or Config Editor. Netconfig (RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig) is used to make small config changes to a large number of devices. Config Editor (RME > Config Mgmt > Config Editor) is used to edit one device's configuration at a time. Each application has context-sensitive online help to get you started.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I have used Net Config and Config Editor but my problem is when I want to add certain config on specific device or multiple devices, LMS pushes the whole configuration which I dont want. Let's say I want to add only SSH configuration to specific device or multiple devices, how I can I do that?

This is what Netconfig is for. Netconfig will only push the config change you want, not the whole config. In fact, Netconfig even includes an SSH task to help you.

Thanks for your help. I will try that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: