Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR questions!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

CCM 6.12 with Unity 4.21.

If someone call me or transfer call to me, then it goes to voice mail after no one answer.

Will that generate CDR?? Because we have 3rd party call accounting billing system, I dont see CDR.

My boss wants to see CDR even the calls go into voice mail.

Thanks

Ken

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Not sure if Incoming call reports from GW can help here.

GONZALO,

Can you elaborate a little bit here? We are using MGCP. I think my question is that does callmanager generate a "call record" if calls go into voice mail.

Basically, we wants to see calls traffic to our helpdesk's extension. We wants to know how many calls goes into voice mail without answering.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

We have some reports called Incoming calls in GW.

This is what you can get on incoming:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/car/cardvcrp.html

Gateway Detail Report Configuration

Incoming Inbound calls that originated outside the Cisco CallManager network, entered

through a gateway, and went into the Cisco CallManager network.

and

Tandem

Inbound calls that originated outside the Cisco CallManager network, entered the Cisco

CallManager network through a gateway, and were transferred outbound from the Cisco

CallManager network through a gateway.

I had a similar situation. Reporting on the CALLED party did not show the CDRs where it went to voice mail. But when I reported from the perspective of the CALLING party, I could see the call end up in voicemail port. Unfortunately, this isn't helpful if you need to report on a called number.

mjw913
Level 1
Level 1

If extension 1000 gets and inbound call that is not answered and then goes to voice mail (CTI Route Point that reports as extension 2000), there is CDR generated. In this case, the originalcalledpartynumber would be 1000 and the finalcalledpartynumber would be 2000.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I haven't verified this but do you not see the extension calling the VM Port extension on your reports?

//J

JOSE TORRES
Level 1
Level 1

You should see a CDR for the call terminating on the voice mail port.

If your cdr program is not reporting the call it may be because the record to the original called number does not show any time elapsed for that call and/or the system may be discarding calls that are not to known extensions or users.

The best way to verify this is to go to the CDR Analysis and Reporting page, (need to have administrator rights)

Select CDR -> Search by User/Extension.

Enter the extension of the user that received the call and it should show you all of the records for that user.

In the record you should see the Called number being the extension that was called, the Dest. no where the call was actually answered (voicemail) and then the redirecting number which should be the same as the called number.

I will going to test it.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: