cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP ap speed and duplex

wynneit
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set the ap speed and duplex once it has joined a controller as there is nowhere on the wlc to do this.

Is there a command available after I give the ap a username and passsword with

config ap username <username> password <password> <ALL | AP Name>

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

Here you go my friend :)

Q. How do I set the duplex settings on the Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) and the Lightweight Access Points (LAPs)?

A. Cisco Wireless products work best when both speed and duplex are autonegotiated, but you do have the option to set the duplex settings on the WLC and LAPs. In order to set the AP speed/duplex settings, you can configure the duplex settings for the LAPs on the controller and then, in turn, push them to the LAPs.

configure ap ethernet duplex speed is the command to set the duplex settings through the CLI .This command is supported with versions 4.1 and later only.

In order to set the duplex settings for the WLC physical interfaces, use the config port physicalmode {all | port} {100h | 100f | 10h | 10f} command.

This command sets the specified or all front-panel 10/100BASE-T Ethernet ports for dedicated 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps, half-duplex or full-duplex operation. Note that you must disable autonegotiation with the config port autoneg disable command before you manually configure any physical mode on the port. Also, note that the config port autoneg command overrides settings made with the config port physicalmode command. By default, all ports are set to auto negotiate.

From this good Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item09186a00808b4c61.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob

Thats for the physical port interface on the WLC I am looking for a way to address the AP remotely and set to 100 full rather than its auto auto currently.

Actually there is information there to change both the access points (first part) and also the WLC (2nd part).

wynneit
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies.

Ive been working on a 526 express and half the things on the 2100 and 4400s just arnt there and couldnt recall from memory if they are on the 2100 etc. Its a shame they cut the software down so much on the 526 and its the small things you miss

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card