Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgradation of flash

kalshetty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

While upgrading Flash on router it goes into rommon mode. How can I back into router mode?

I use command confreg 0x2101 and reset but int again goes into rommon mode.

Please help.

10 Replies 10

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Set the configuration register to 0x2102. Set the boot path from the rommon using " BOOT:=bootflash: and manually boot the router. Once it is up save the running config.

let us know how did it go.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a008009429f.shtml

Hi,

It saying that Input redirection is not supported at this level.

Hai,

Are you sure that ios is transferd sucfly to Flash ..?? if so ...

...when are you getting this error ???

rommman>confreg 0x2102

romman> reset

ujil

Hi Ujil,

When I set the configuration register to 0x2102. And then set the boot path from the rommon using " BOOT:=bootflash:,

it gives that error.

And how I know that ios is transferd sucfly to Flash?

When I put command dev it shows flash but I put command dir flash it shows error that bad device name.

hai,

I suspect ios is not properly tranfrd ,,,,can u try uploading the ios once again ...via console and see the status ....

Guys correct me if i am wrong

ujil

rommon mode is a bit more sensitive than the IOS prompt. try using "dir FLASH:" (without quotes). Redirect implies you actually use "" when using boot. Is this assumption correct?

Hi,

When I put the command dir flash, it shows error that bad device name.

I think router's flash is corrupted.

Pleae educate me on this issue.

Hai,

Try to transfer the ios via console cable.(Which series router u are using) ...

in rommoniter mode you can use the command xmodem

rommen>xmodem

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

ujil

Hi,

Thanks. It's done by downloading a software image via TFTP using the tftpdnld ROMMON ommand.

hai,

thanks for the update .....

ujil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco