Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5550 restart suddenly

zakid
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

kindly show me what could be the cause of ASA5550 restarted suddenly. and where can I see the logs of it and how to rectify.

thanks & regards,

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

If a firewall crashes for some reason, you might be left with few clues other than it reloaded or was left at the monitor prompt. You can configure the firewall to save a crashinfo image of its RAM memory as a file in Flash memory. The image also includes the output of many commands that show the status of the firewall and its resources. A firewall stores only one crashinfo file; subsequent crashes overwrite it. Therefore, only information from the most recent crash is available.

After a crash, you can examine the crashinfo file to determine the cause of the crasheven after a power cycle or reload. This information is useful to the engineers at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) as they track down the source of a firewall problem.

By default, crashinfo collection is enabled on cisco ASA's firewall.

Viewing the Crashinfo Information

ciscoasa# "show crashinfo"

The show crashinfo command displays all the relevant process and stack trace information that was active during the crash. You should capture all this text output with a terminal emulator so that it can be saved to a file and sent to Cisco TAC. if you upload it i might find out why it creashed. also post the show version as well.

Francisco.

Dear

Many thanks..... I will follow the steps, meanwhile i was monitoring the cpu usage its from 85 - 98 percentage, i never seen before.

this could be the reason. secondly, current IOS is 7.2.2, if I upgrade to 8.0 or later It would solve my CPU usage.

thanks.

might be. our ASA's crashed few wks ago due to a memory issue. code affected was 7.2(13). we upgarded to 8.0.

Francisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: