Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5550 restart suddenly

zakid
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

kindly show me what could be the cause of ASA5550 restarted suddenly. and where can I see the logs of it and how to rectify.

thanks & regards,

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

If a firewall crashes for some reason, you might be left with few clues other than it reloaded or was left at the monitor prompt. You can configure the firewall to save a crashinfo image of its RAM memory as a file in Flash memory. The image also includes the output of many commands that show the status of the firewall and its resources. A firewall stores only one crashinfo file; subsequent crashes overwrite it. Therefore, only information from the most recent crash is available.

After a crash, you can examine the crashinfo file to determine the cause of the crasheven after a power cycle or reload. This information is useful to the engineers at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) as they track down the source of a firewall problem.

By default, crashinfo collection is enabled on cisco ASA's firewall.

Viewing the Crashinfo Information

ciscoasa# "show crashinfo"

The show crashinfo command displays all the relevant process and stack trace information that was active during the crash. You should capture all this text output with a terminal emulator so that it can be saved to a file and sent to Cisco TAC. if you upload it i might find out why it creashed. also post the show version as well.

Francisco.

Dear

Many thanks..... I will follow the steps, meanwhile i was monitoring the cpu usage its from 85 - 98 percentage, i never seen before.

this could be the reason. secondly, current IOS is 7.2.2, if I upgrade to 8.0 or later It would solve my CPU usage.

thanks.

might be. our ASA's crashed few wks ago due to a memory issue. code affected was 7.2(13). we upgarded to 8.0.

Francisco.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card