reset hardware on ap1010

Unanswered Question
Oct 30th, 2008

I have 6 APs 1010 that not work properly.

The Wlan Controller don't see this APs.

The problem is that this APs have an ip address configured stored (i don't know what is the ip address) because in the old configuration the aps HAVE A IP ADDRESS fixed.

I must reset the AP to factory default and then reconnect at the LAN , WHERE IS PRESENT dchp WITH OPTION 43.

Can you help me?

Thanks

fcostalunga

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
John Blakley Thu, 10/30/2008 - 06:39

If you have a reset button on the back of it, unplug the power, hold the button in and plug the power back in. When the light turns amber, let go of the reset button. It resets everything back to defaults on 1100APs, and I'm hopeful it will help you. The default IP is 10.0.0.1, and you'll need a box on that subnet to connect to it and reconfigure it.

HTH,

John

fcostalunga Thu, 10/30/2008 - 06:51

This is the Problem!!!

On model AP101O there isn't any reset button.

There are only rj45 and the connectore for the power.

Thanks

FCostalunga

John Blakley Thu, 10/30/2008 - 07:00

Yeah it doesn't look good for you. The following is an excerpt from the Cisco 1000 FAQ:

Q. How can I manually reset the Cisco Aironet 1000 Series LAP?

A. You can reset the AP to the factory defaults through the wireless LAN (WLAN) controller (WLC). For the reset, the LAP should be registered to the WLC.

Complete these steps:

1. From the WLC GUI, click Wireless. The Wireless tab provides access to the Cisco WLAN Solution wireless network configuration.

2. Choose Access Points > Cisco APs, and then click Detail in order to navigate to the window for the specific AP.

3. Click Clear Config at the bottom of this window. This clears the configuration on the LAP and resets it to the factory defaults.

A. In order to reset the LAPs to the factory defaults with use of the command-line interface (CLI), issue the clear ap-config ap-name command from the WLC CLI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a00806a4da3.shtml

Good luck!

--John

fcostalunga Thu, 10/30/2008 - 07:13

I don't see the AP in the WLC. The ap don't work properly and not laoding the configuration from the WLC because it store in another previous version.

I must reset the AP e then reconnet it in the LAN. After this i can view the AP in the WLC

I think that i must upgrade manually (without WLC) a firmware of ap 1010 but i don't have a procedure.

Actions

This Discussion