cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity voicemail call log?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We have an end user who got a prank phone call and our legal department wants us to obtain a log from the system? Is there a log of the calls that get processed into voicemail and where can I find it? We have the wave file with the date and time but we need a log of the call.

Any assistance would be great!

Rgds,

Vicky

12 Replies 12

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

only will get if pstn is passing caller id. if they are not you probably got message header from unknown caller. you may be able, if its a serious prank, to get telco involved. but if the caller info was not sent, you will not get.

Thank you for your post. We have a record of the call in the exchange message store, do you know if there is a log file to back that message/tie that message to?

Vctoria,

to be honest on our exchange the caller id is contained in the subject line

subject: Message from an unidentified caller ()

this header has no caller id

subject: Message from an unidentified caller (91617nxxxxxx)even though it says unidentified

is one with caller id.

Is that what you have? maybe i did not understand you properly.

Run Subscribes or Subscriber Message Activity report on the Unity and see.

Randy

where can I find that report to run it?

reports are run in unity. log into unity then launch sys admin.

This looks like what want. I just did a comma delimited report. Can you tell me where we can pull this from? Where does unity place the report after we run it?

am i correct in that you are trying to get the caller id of the prank caller?

We have information about the number and message from the off net exchange message store. What I need now is an actual log file that shows the data in text.

This was extremely helpful! Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: