Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0.1 Directory number search

Hi All,

When I do a search based on directory number on CallManager, I get results only for the first extension listed on the phone. The second extension search does not show up on the directory page at all.

for example if 0000 is extension 1 on a 7941 phone and 1111 is extension 2 on the same phone, 0000 works fine when searched, but when 1111 is freshly searched, it does not show up at all.

Is there a way for me to configure something so that the 2nd extension also shows up when I perform the search based on directory number??

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

directory script and sync only uses one field for the directory info. since it only pulls one DN for any given phone you can only search the primary DN.

you would need to develop your own custom script to do such thing

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java for your response.

I believe my question wasn't clear enough in my earlier post.

What I meaan to ask was, there are really no results that show up for the 2nd extension when searched independantly.

below are the screenshots thats describes the scenario. 8933 and 6321 are the 2 extensions on one phone. 8933 when plugged in the search field comes up with a result but 6321 doesn't. Why??

This does not look good, looks like a bug to me.

Chris

any ideas anyone??

Must be some sort of bug. Has always worked on 4.3.x, and on 6.1.x

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Naveen,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Java,Chris and Darrin. Looks like this is the bug (Level 2);

CSCsk28199 Bug Details

No results for search by DN in Phone page for DN assigne to Line2 onward

Searching for devices/phones by DN that is on Line 2 or more gives no results.

Symptom:

When trying to search for a device by DN in the Device>Phone page and the DN is assigned to Line 2 onwards, there are no results. If the Line1 DN of a device is shared by another device but is on Line 2 or more then the search by DN will give only the device that has the DN as Line 1

Conditions:

When trying to search for devices by DN and if the DN is assigned to Line 2 or more on the device(s) then there will be no result.

Workaround:

None

Further Problem Description:

Status

Fixed

Severity

2 - severe

Last Modified

In Last Year

Product

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Technology

1st Found-In

6.0(1)

6.0(1.1000.37)

6.0(1.2000.3)

Fixed-In

6.1(0.9901.387)

6.1(1.1000.11)

Hope this helps!

Rob