cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 FXO vs. PRI

lyle.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

On my UC500 I have fxo and pri. When making calls the fxo ports are selected first, then if there are no avalible fxo ports the pri is then used. How do I configure the system to use the pri first when making outgoing calls?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All of your outbound dialpeers are marked preference 5. On the dialpeers that point to 0/2/0:23, remove the "preference 5 statement". The default preference on dial-peers is preference 0, and therefore will be selected first. On the dial peers pointing to the fxo ports, you can mark these "preference 1, preference 2, etc, based on what type of behavior you would like to accomplish. See attachment for example.

Hope that helped. If so please rate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

Can you post your dial-peer configuration? You have to configure the dial peers in such a manner that calls will give the PRI preference over the FXO ports.

Hope that helped.

That's all I needed thanks!!!

That's not all I needed! I still randomly select an fxo port. Here is a copy of the dial-peers. I have fxo ports 0/1/0 and 0/1/1 plar to an extension and dial-peers 50 and 51 with a destination pattern of 8t. So when making a call from 2001 for example, when 9 is pressed the call should use pri and when 8 is pressed the call should go through the fxo port. This is my understanding!?!

All of your outbound dialpeers are marked preference 5. On the dialpeers that point to 0/2/0:23, remove the "preference 5 statement". The default preference on dial-peers is preference 0, and therefore will be selected first. On the dial peers pointing to the fxo ports, you can mark these "preference 1, preference 2, etc, based on what type of behavior you would like to accomplish. See attachment for example.

Hope that helped. If so please rate.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: