cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device not appearing in RME Config Archive

zztopping
Level 4
Level 4

I have various devices not appearing in Config Archive's Summary, but showing up as "Normal" in RME Device Management, and are having their inventory updated. These devices are from a variety of locations, and are a variety of models(2950, 3560, 3750).

If I initiate a Sync Archive job from Device Center for one of the unfound devices, they fail after about 20 minutes with the following error:

"Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job after increasing the job result wait time using the option:Resource Manager Essentials -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt ->Fetch Settings"

I have tried deleting the weird devices from DCR(and thereby RME) and when I re-add them the same issue appears. Any idea on what I can try next?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ConfigMgmtServer process has locked up. To troubleshoot this, you will need to contact TAC, and get the procedure for a full thread dump. Restarting ConfigMgmtServer will allow config archive to work again, but unless the problem is isolated, it will return.

Thanks...I was hoping it was an easier problem :-/

This happened to me also, my old workaround was to disable the archive configuration and create smaller daily run syncs within the RME.

Upgraded to 3.1...still seeing the issue. This is ridiculous...

As I said, this is most likely a new bug. It needs to be identified so it can be fixed. We have a few customers reporting the same thing, but until a full thread dump is captured, it is impossible to know where the lock up is occurring. I strongly suggest you open a service request for this. As soon as I get the thread dump, I can work on a patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: