cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Support?

jordanperks
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with VLAN support and our guest WLAN when utilizing HREAP APs.

In the past we have had VLAN support turned on on all of our 30+ HREAP APs and have seen no issues. Earlier this weak I started getting calls regarding our anchored guest WLAN not working.

Users were getting connected, but not receiving a DHCP address. DHCP servers are located at each remote site. Upon turning VLAN support off on each HREAP AP, all clients, with no exceptions received DHCP addresses and worked as intended.

I am trying to determine what may have changed that would cause this and I am unable to think of anything. It has been quite some time since any changes were made to the controllers.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may have changed that I am just not thinking of?

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How do you have your h-reap setup... how many ssid's for example? If dhcp is local, for all ssid's, then all ssid's must have local switching on unless clients will get tunneled back to the wlc and obtain an ip address there. When you say... turn on and off vlan support, you talking about the native vlan setting in the h-reap ap?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

All data WLANs have HREAP local switching enabled.

When I say vlan support I mean checking/unchecking the box next to VLAN Support on the HREAP tab of the AP's configuration window.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card