cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Discovery issues.

derik.petty
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LMS 2.6 with the bundle patch installed and all other patches for the version installed. The problem that I am having is that when I start a device discovery the status changes from idle to running. Which is good. But it never changes back to idle. The really strange part is it runs for about 20 minutes and updates the last completion time field. But since it never goes to an idle state you can never go in and look at the discovered devices list. I have looked over the log files and I fixed all the erors that were being reported. I have also looked over the forum for answer. Thanks in advance.

Version info.

CW 2.6

CS 3.0.6

Campus 4.0.11

CView 6.1.5

DFM 2.0.11

IPM 2.6.0

RME 4.0.6

Thanks,

Derik Petty

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the discovery.log and the output of the pdshow command.

Okay this is a bit of a problem. The system in question is on a closed network and the log files contain data that can't be post or emailed. If you tell me specifically what you may be looking for I can get the data and post that data. From running the pdshow cmd. I can tell you that.

ANIDbEngine

program started - No mgt msgs received

ANIServer

Running with busy flag set

CampusOGSServer

Program started - No mgt msgs received

DeviceDiscovery

Program started - No mgt msgs received

Looking through the discovery.log file. I can see that it is discovering devices. It locates the devices and detect the type and states that they will be added to the database. So it looks like it is working correctly. There are no errors. Also like I said the last completion time gets updated every 20 minutes or so with the last time it ran. So the Home page of Campus shows that the server thinks it is completing. But the server never thinks it is done. Also if I restart the server the status shows idle. But if I go in and edit the seed devices and apply the changes. The server tells me that the changes could not be applied because a discovery was already running. So I don't know where to go from here.

Also I work with John Caterino which I think that you have worked with in the past.

Thanks,

Derik

If you cannot post the data, then you will need to open a TAC service request so this information can be analyzed. It may require a full thread dump of the DeviceDiscovery process to be captured.

Okay. The problem is the data can not leave the build period. On a TAC case or not. It would have to be sanitized for information. But what is a full thread dump?

I can give you info on what is in the file. But can not post the file.

One last thing. In the discoverystatus.properties file. The DeviceDiscovery.lastEndTime=30Oct2008 17\:27\:24

DeviceDiscovery.StartTime=30Oct2008 17\:27\:25

DeviceDiscovery.noOfDevices=108

It is basically stop then starts back again 1 second later.

This could be an issue with how Discovery is configured, or something with ANIServer. It would also be beneficial if you can include DeviceDiscovery.properties and ani.log information in your service request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: