cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Users from Unity for Domino

bkvalentine
Level 1
Level 1

We have two Unity 5.0 servers. One for Domino and one for Exchange (2007). We will soon be ridding ourselves of Domino. When that happens we will want to migrate users from the Unity for Domino server to the Unity for Exchange server. Both Unity servers are in the same VLAN & Subnet and they are both on the same domain.

Is there a way to migrate user accounts from Unity for Domino to Unity for Exchange?

8 Replies 8

bkvalentine
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if this is possible?

COBRAS should do the trick, notice messages cannot be migrated as we do not have tools for that. only unity info can be migrated.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I did consider COBRAS.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

This site mixes terms. It says:

"Export works with Unity 4.0(5), 4.1(x), 4.2(x), 5.0(x), and 7.0(x) with Exchange Unity Connection 1.2(x). No support for Domino based Unity installations is planned."

But it also says:

"NOTE: Exports of Unity systems with Domino as the back end do not support extracting public distribution list membership details. All other data can be extracted, however, including messages. No imports onto Domino based Unity systems are supported and there are no plans to support this moving forward."

Can anyone clarify? I am wondering if what this means is that exporting data from Unity for Domino and importing that data to Unity for Exchange should work, but TAC won't support me.

Is it still true that COBRAS cannot migrate messages from a Domino store to a UCxn system?

Per the release notes on Cisco Unity Tools:

7.0.25 – 10/14/2008

• Added      restriction table details to output
  • Add      table for future support of object mapping “memory” capability
  • Added      Interview handlers and questions to backup
  • Changed      logic to include expired messaging rules that have streams recorded for      them.
  • Changed      logic to include inactive notification devices that have some destination      configured for them.
  • Fixed      the localized text for the copyright information.  CSCsu60398
  • Added      support for Domino backups, including messages.

If COBRAS exports it, it should be able to import it, right?

No, there is no IMPORT into Domino... COBRAS does support EXPORTing from Domino based systems - no, these are no the same thing and are not equivalient from a rights and access perspective by a long shot unfortunately.

There's no plans to support IMPORTing into Domino based Unity systems - COBRAS primary objective (the reason why I was asked to take the project on in the first place) was to get folks from Unity/Connection 1.x based systems to Linux based Connection systems.  The Unity to Unity options were an added bonus we put in there primarily for testing exposure for the Export more than anything else.  The level of effort for dev, testing and maintenance for Domino based imports was considered too high to pursue.

My client wants to do a COBRAS export from a Unity Domino/UM system to Unity Connection 8.5.  There would be no import of messages into Unity at all.  I want to export Unity UM/Domino system with messages, into a new UCxn 8.5 install.

That should work - COBRAS uses the DOH/MAL interface to extract messaes in that case so you'll need to be logged in as the account associated with AvCsMgr to have rights to do that (noted in the help file and you'll get barked at before the export starts if not).

-J

That's perfect.

We are moving forward, intending to migrate messages.  I'll post updates here when I have some.  Hopefully it will go something like, "yep, it worked!" 

Thank you, Jeff!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: