cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and user services

roseeng69
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please tell me if CME allows users to configure their own speed dials and services using a url like on the CCM? If possible, can you please let me know what I would have to configure to allow this functionality? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rose,

My understanding is that the "Personal" Speed dials can only be changed via the User's IP Phone except for User's who are running Extension Mobility (who can use the GUI interface). There is some excellent info in the last doc attached below;

To use a phone user account in the Cisco Unified CME GUI to configure speed dials on a phone that is enabled for Extension Mobility, Cisco Unified CME GUI 4.2.1 or a later version must be installed on the Cisco router.

Cisco Unified CME GUI Support

The Cisco Unified CME GUI provides a web-based interface to manage most system-level and phone-based features. In particular, the GUI facilitates the routine additions and changes associated with employee turnover, allowing these changes to be performed by nontechnical staff. The GUI provides three levels of access to support the following user classes:

•System administrator-Able to configure all system-level and phone-based features. This person is familiar with Cisco IOS software and VoIP network configuration.

•Customer administrator-Able to perform routine phone additions and changes without having access to system-level features. This person does not have to be familiar with Cisco IOS software.

•Phone user-Able to program a small set of features on his or her own phone and search the Cisco Unified CME directory. In Cisco Unified CME GUI 4.2.1 and later versions, phone users can use the GUI to set up personal speed dials for an Extension Mobility phone. The same credential for logging into an Extension Mobility phone can be used to log into the Cisco Unified CME GUI.

The user name parameter of any authentication credential must be unique. Do not use the same value for a user name when you configure any two or more authentication credentials in Cisco Unified CME, such as the username for any Cisco United CME GUI account and the user name in a logout or user profile for Extension Mobility.

The Cisco Unified CME GUI uses HTTP to transfer information from the router to the PC of an administrator or phone user. The router must be configured as an HTTP server, and an initial system administrator username and password must be defined from the router command-line interface (CLI). Additional accounts for customer administrators and phone users can be added from the Cisco Unified CME router using Cisco IOS software commands or from a PC using GUI screens.

Enabling the GUI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmegui.html

Configuring Speed Dial

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rose,

My understanding is that the "Personal" Speed dials can only be changed via the User's IP Phone except for User's who are running Extension Mobility (who can use the GUI interface). There is some excellent info in the last doc attached below;

To use a phone user account in the Cisco Unified CME GUI to configure speed dials on a phone that is enabled for Extension Mobility, Cisco Unified CME GUI 4.2.1 or a later version must be installed on the Cisco router.

Cisco Unified CME GUI Support

The Cisco Unified CME GUI provides a web-based interface to manage most system-level and phone-based features. In particular, the GUI facilitates the routine additions and changes associated with employee turnover, allowing these changes to be performed by nontechnical staff. The GUI provides three levels of access to support the following user classes:

•System administrator-Able to configure all system-level and phone-based features. This person is familiar with Cisco IOS software and VoIP network configuration.

•Customer administrator-Able to perform routine phone additions and changes without having access to system-level features. This person does not have to be familiar with Cisco IOS software.

•Phone user-Able to program a small set of features on his or her own phone and search the Cisco Unified CME directory. In Cisco Unified CME GUI 4.2.1 and later versions, phone users can use the GUI to set up personal speed dials for an Extension Mobility phone. The same credential for logging into an Extension Mobility phone can be used to log into the Cisco Unified CME GUI.

The user name parameter of any authentication credential must be unique. Do not use the same value for a user name when you configure any two or more authentication credentials in Cisco Unified CME, such as the username for any Cisco United CME GUI account and the user name in a logout or user profile for Extension Mobility.

The Cisco Unified CME GUI uses HTTP to transfer information from the router to the PC of an administrator or phone user. The router must be configured as an HTTP server, and an initial system administrator username and password must be defined from the router command-line interface (CLI). Additional accounts for customer administrators and phone users can be added from the Cisco Unified CME router using Cisco IOS software commands or from a PC using GUI screens.

Enabling the GUI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmegui.html

Configuring Speed Dial

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for all the information. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

Rose

Hi Rose,

You are most welcome my friend! Glad to be of some assistance.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob, is the ccm user page available in callmanager 6.X?

Hi,

Yes, it is.

https:///ccmuser

Best regards,

- Adrián.

I have been chasing GUI problems for a week now. I started with a CME4.2 that the ccme.html works except for the personal speed dial. When I click on CONFIGURE, nothing happens. I was told to upgrade, which I did on a duplicate "lab" router. Now I get a login but never get the GUI. According to your and other doc's, I believe I have all the correct GUI files and config's. I am obviously something. I would rather fix the 4.2. Any ideas why the speed dial would not open. I open 192.168.42.80/ccme.html. The GUI appears and I can open SEARCH -> LOCAL DIRECTORY and HELP -> CONFIGURATION. When I click on CONFIGURE -> PHONE I get "error on page". any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: