cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Fax to Email

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Regarding fax-to-email, how do we associate individual fax recipients with certain email addresses? Can we associate inbound fax DIDs with certain email addresses? If so, how?

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
13 Replies 13

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Each DID can be mapped to an internal extension. Faxes coming to a specific DID can be routed to the mailbox associated with the extension. The email address configured for the IMAP will receive fax as an email attachment. This is currently supported outside of CCA using CLI. There is documentation for this on CUE Admin guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/voicemail/1syscmp.html#wpxref92248

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Hello, in my case I have a separate DID for voice and another for fax, but I don't have a separated DID number for each user (i.e. fax recipient), so how can I do to forward faxes to recipient mailboxes in CUE, not just a fixed fax mailbox? I think using fax_detect in "connect_first" mode is the only way?

Onramp faxing without fax_detect works fine but of course storing the fax in a predetermined mailbox.

Thanks

What if you deliver the fax message to a General Delivery Mailbox and subscribe your user to it? The only problem might be scalability, since the number of GDM's is limited, but if your user count is low, this will work.

Thanks,

Marcos

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with GDMs. How would I accomplish my goal using GDM?

How would the fax sender select which is the fax recipient? The idea is that only the intended recipient gets the fax and no other users.

Thanks

A GDM is a mailbox that can be shared by multiple users. What I am suggesting is that you map the Fax DID to a GDM and enable notifications to deliver it via email to the user.  Then you associate the GDM and the user personal mailbox, so he can determine whether he has a fax message or not when checking voicemail via the TUI.

Thanks,

Marcos

OK the problem is that any user can be a fax recipient. How would the external sender (using a fax machine) select which one is the recipient of the fax?

If I send all faxes to a fixed GDM, any subscribed user to that GDM may access to that fax, not only the intended recipient.

Please let me know if my question is not clear enough.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I thought you had said that each user had its Fax DID. My proposal was that you create a unique GDM per Fax number. The problem here, as stated earlier, is scalability (we can only do a handful of GDM's).

Marcos

No, sorry for misunderstanding, I do NOT have a DID number for each user, that would be easy.

I just have one fax DID number for all users. That's why I intented to use fax_detect with "connect_first" method.

I think you are correct about this.  I don't think there is another way to do this.

I was agreeing with you.  Sorry for the confusion.  I don't think there is any other way to do this except for the method that you mentioned.

I see, but unfortunatelly I couldn't make it work. Is there any succesfull example of this configuration?

I haven't done this personally, but know people who have.  This document should provide what you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_fax_services_over_ip_application_guide/detect.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: