Helpful
Replies

LMS Syslog & Auto Discovery

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm currently using LMS 2.2 and I would like to ask several things :

1. Is it possible to make a syslog report based on problems ? For example, I want to have a report about duplex mismatch syslog only. If yes, how can I do that ?

2. Is it possible for LMS to do auto-discovery so when there are new devices configured with SNMP, it can be discovered automatically to LMS ?

Thanks.

Wiyandi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since no one else has replied, I'll tell you the official Cisco answer. LMS 2.2 is now end of support. You need to upgrade to LMS 2.6, or 3.1. If you have a support contract covering LMS 2.2, you can get the LMS 2.6 upgrade at a discount. The LMS 3.1 upgrade will be a new purchase.

Once you upgrade, the answer to both questions is yes.

The RME syslog reporting feature allows you to create custom syslog reports to match on message type. You could, therefore, create a custom report to only show duplex mismatch messages.

LMS supports CDP-based auto-discovery in LMS 2.6. All newly found devices which are SNMP-reachable will be manageable by all LMS applications. In LMS 3.1, more discovery protocols are available such as ping sweep, ARP table discovery, routing table discovery, and HSRP discovery.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since no one else has replied, I'll tell you the official Cisco answer. LMS 2.2 is now end of support. You need to upgrade to LMS 2.6, or 3.1. If you have a support contract covering LMS 2.2, you can get the LMS 2.6 upgrade at a discount. The LMS 3.1 upgrade will be a new purchase.

The RME syslog reporting feature allows you to create custom syslog reports to match on message type. You could, therefore, create a custom report to only show duplex mismatch messages.

LMS supports CDP-based auto-discovery in LMS 2.6. All newly found devices which are SNMP-reachable will be manageable by all LMS applications. In LMS 3.1, more discovery protocols are available such as ping sweep, ARP table discovery, routing table discovery, and HSRP discovery.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your explanation. We gonna upgrade to LMS 2.6 soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: