Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 - Increase loop current

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi UC experts,

Im running in a problem with analog emergency phones connected to VG224 gateways. The gateways provide only 24mA Off-Hook loop current, but what we need is about 40mA per device.

1) Is there a configuration setting to increase the loop current for specific ports?

2) Are there devices (Cisco or 3d party) to increase the current. Maybe something like this: http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=294

Best regards

Moe

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Moe,

There is no setting or config on the VG to increase the Loop Current :( and Cisco does not provide a product to do what you require. It looks like this Viking product would work well!

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: We have successfully used other Viking products and they are quite good.

Hi Rob,

thank you very much for the fast reply. I think we wil give Vinking a try and I will post the results here.

Best regards

Moe

same problem that you have,

does the viking device work ok ?

If not what does other people are using ?

Hi robetrem,

we have tested the viking device and it is increasing the loop current but this doesn't help in our case.

The problem with our end devices seems not to be the amount of loop current - it seems to be an interrupt of the current flow sent by the VG224 as soon as the remote end device goes on-hook. This break causes our first end device to reboot.

My experience is that there are three posible solutions:

1) Try ATA 186 Box

2) Try connecting the analog end device to a separate power supply.

3) Try to use a main connection from your provider