cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya Softphone through ASA is unstable

dgartrell
Level 1
Level 1

Just migrated a Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator to an ASA5510. Avaya Softphone worked fine through VPN sessions on the 3000. Now on the ASA I'm loosing call controls and at times answer a call and have no audio at all. I don't see anything in the logs that points to an issue. What am I missing?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

mikeayers2008
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem, migration and all. Please post if you find something.

if no audio over VPN but the signaling works fine, try to remove the inspection configuration commands for the h.323 protocol! This will cause intermittent loss of dial tone

Cisco PIX:

no fixup protocol h323 h225 1720

no fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719

Cisco ASA:

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

no inspect h323 h225

no inspect h323 ras

Francisco

What vpn client version are you using? We had the same issue. Even though the softphone worked through the concentrator on vpn client 4.7, it had the same problems listed above on the ASA. We upgraded the vpn client to 5.0 and the problem was fixed.

I was already running the 5.0 client. I removed the inspection of the two h323 instances and its works now.

Thanks

That fixed it! So now the question is will I run into a situation where I need the inspection?

Thank you!

You could write a policy where the inspection runs for all connections excepot the VPN connectikon IP addresses as source and the phone server as destination...

access-list deny

access-list permit

DOUGLAS,

happy to hear it's now working. I dont think the change will have much impact on other apps.

Francisco.

I'm having a similar problem but how do I apply these changes to my ASA? Can I do it through the ASDM or is it better to do it from the command line? Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card