cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple DID question

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We ordered a range of DID's. I want to test them out.

I have one example extension in our office. Ext. 280. Here is our DID range.

814-596-4000 through 4299

Attached is our config. We use h323 on a Business Call manager 6.

Please let me know if their is info here I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, forgot attached config.

simply configure the significant digits to 3 under the H323 GW in CUCM config and test this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am unable to get to the user it goes to the receptionist. Currently if you call my client, it will go to the receptionist and then she will transfer the call. Is there something else I need to do to go directly to the user instread of going to the receptionist even though I am dialing the complete number with the last three of the user's extension.

Well you need to do what we told you before. If that is not happening then let's take a CCM detailed trace set to complex to see exactly what is going on with your call.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

So, not sure what is your question here...

If you have that range you can setup a dial-peer to the CCM, then in the CCM on the GW config page setup under incoming calls just setup the digits that you which to accept, last 4 digits, last 3 digits, etc.

if you do not have the same extensions you can setup a Translation Pattern to change the last 3 digits of your DID to the extensions.

//Jorge

Jorge,

You pretty much answered my question, but i will attempt to do what you stated above, but what would be helpful, can you give me examples of the syntex of how to do the dial peer and walk me through updating the translation pattern.

dial-peer voice 81 voip

description **** INCOMING CALLS TO CCM ****

destination-pattern 8145964[0-2]..

session target ipv4:192.168.100.2 (replace with your CCM's IP Address)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

Then on the significant digits (GW config page in CCMAdim webpage) if you are using 3 digits extensions then just use 3 digits.

Then create a Translation Pattern. On the Translation Pattern field you will put 2XX, then under called party transform mask you must put the actual extension range. Make sure to assign a CSS that can reach the DN's partition.

Hi

DI you solve your problem?

What is your Operator number

How did you configured it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: