cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Pilot Point using IDT

cg100668
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We are in the process of installing a CUCM, version 6.1.2. We have configured a Pilot Point for the attendant console. The problem I am encountering is that when I dial the Attendant Pilot Point number, the system is taking the interdigit timeout into consideration before ringing the attendant console members. How can I prevent the Pilot Point to use the IDT. The problem occurs even if the Pilot Point start with other digits, eg 1 or 2 or 3. I have a similar configuration for another customer but there IDT is not coming into play.

Thanks,

Chandrasen

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you cannot prevent ANYTHING in CUCM to avoid IDT. the only way to avoid IDT is a good dial plan design

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for the reply. As per my previous post, I even created another Pilot Point starting with another digit not being used anywhere but still I am getting the same problem. In another site I have the same configuration for AC and there IDT is not coming into play when dialing the Attendant Pilot Point number and we are using the same version of CUCM. So why in this case IDT is coming into please when Pilt Point is dialed.

Chandrasen

Hi Java,

Got it. You are right, there was overlapping route patterns. In fact all the digits I used for the starting Pilot Point number were present in the route pattern list. I have now used a digit which does not appear in the route pattern and now it is working. Thanks again.

Chandrasen

Hi Chandrasen,

There must be something that is using the same digit pattern. You need to have a close look at the Route Plan Report to see where the overlap is ocurring. Once you straighten that out the IDT won't come into play here :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob, Thanks for the reply. Yes I managed to find out following reply from Java. Thanks guys.

Regards,

Chandrasen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: