cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence question

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have a Presence question Im hoping someone can answer. When a user makes a call to someone using Presence, the callerID doesnt show who it is actually calling, only the DN. This is an internal to internal call, nothing external. So when one user inside the company calls another user inside the company, it only shows the DN and an "unknown" callerID info. Anyone know where I can go to get the username in place when a call is made? This is Presence 6.0.4 with CUCM 6.1.1. Thanks

6 Replies 6

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Does this happen when you use the phone on the desk without presence? This sounds like a misconfiguration of the DN

No, hard phones work ok, no problems at all with CallID. Its just in Presence.

Are you LDAP integrated and is that functioning properly?

Yeah, as far as I know. In the troubleshooter, I have green checks on everything except the following, which is a "warning":

Verify if any users are currently MOC-assigned

Also, checked LDAP server and LDAP profile, and they appear to be configured right and working, since I see all the users in place.

Since its integrated with AD, do you think in the AD profile there is a place where I should have the name filled in, again, since its pulling from AD?

You might double-check your Internal Caller ID for the DN on the CUPC.

The Line Text label, Alerting Name, and Internal Called ID are device specific, and, if left blank might cause the behavior you are seeing.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: