cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1 - connection statistics

d.gabo
Level 1
Level 1

Need help interpreting connection statistics.

The GUI shows no values against 'Percentage Compression' and 'Effective Capacity' (as per attached .jpg's)

Outputs of 'sh stat conn det' on both peer WAE's appear to show that the connection is fully optimised in both directions (as per attached .txt's).

How can I calculate optimisation result for the CLI output?

Thanks

DG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DG,

Please see the attached performance brief. I have asked for additional information on the test details (WAAS policy, Avamar configuration, etc.). I will pass those along once I have them.

Zach

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

DG,

The statistics show that the output bytes on the optimised connection are >= the input bytes from the original connection. So basically compression isn't buying you anything here.

What type of traffic is this? Is it encrypted?

Zach

Thanks Zach,

The connection is Avamar replication stream. It is not encrypted, but I think it may be sending only delta traffic. Are you familiar with this app? Any way to reduce bandwidth or time?

Thanks

DG

DG,

Please see the attached performance brief. I have asked for additional information on the test details (WAAS policy, Avamar configuration, etc.). I will pass those along once I have them.

Zach

I got the following additional information about the test configuration:

"We are using TFO only. We found Avamar software use proprietary encryption which cannot be turned off."

Zach

Zach,

Thanks for the info and the paper.

DG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: