Need to complete CCNP

Answered Question
Nov 1st, 2008

My ccna certification got expired 3 months back planning to write CCNP. For ccnp exam cisco says i neeed to have a Valid CCNA certification but i don't have,Do i need to write CCNA again or can i write someother cisco exam (CCDA)and go for CCNP exam

Correct Answer by babatunde_sanda about 8 years 3 months ago

Before you are awarded a CCNP certificate you need to have a valid CCNA certificate. In other words you can complete the exams needed for the CCNP (4 in all). Upon completion, you have to re-certify your expired CCNA before you are awarded both the CCNA and CCNP Status certificates. From my understanding, the CCDA is the prerequisite for the CCDP (design certificate). If you intend going for the CCNP, CCNA is the prerequisite.

Please rate if the information was helpful.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
babatunde_sanda Sat, 11/01/2008 - 05:35

Before you are awarded a CCNP certificate you need to have a valid CCNA certificate. In other words you can complete the exams needed for the CCNP (4 in all). Upon completion, you have to re-certify your expired CCNA before you are awarded both the CCNA and CCNP Status certificates. From my understanding, the CCDA is the prerequisite for the CCDP (design certificate). If you intend going for the CCNP, CCNA is the prerequisite.

Please rate if the information was helpful.

Actions

This Discussion