Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN client

jamesgonzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using SSL clientless VPN mode on my ASA, but have just read that there is a SSL client aswell, how does this differ, plus how can I set this up as I assume a user can connect over the internet through their web browser and somehow download this client and use it to VPN in?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

See Cisco Has following VPN solutions for remote access:

1) SSL VPN

2) IPSec client

SSL VPN:

1) Clientless: Clientless mean, you are advertising org. resourses by one portal.SSL VPN portal creates SSL socket and encrypts traffic by certificates. It is secure. More over you can access your organization workstation , servers, and network devices by RDP (Plugins), VNC (Plugin) and telnet and SSH.

2) SSL Client: Cisco has just lauched Anyconnect client. Anyconnect client has buety of it starts to download and install from clientless vpn portal and it wipe up automatically from the client the client upon session disconnection. Second full/partial access of corporate network.

3) IPSec client it has Client software needed, on public machine like cybercafe or startbucks internet access.. where gonna they will have IPSec client installled? second they will have need specific settings?

Thanks,

Dharmesh Purohit

Hi,

1.) I've managed to get the VNC, RDP plugins to work fine, but I'm having problems with the Citrix ICA plugin, have you used this before?

2.) How can I configure Anyconnect? Is it a better solution to Clientless in your opinion?

3.) On cliientless connection I haven't enabled the "client requires certificate" on the outside interface, do I need to enable this?

A huge thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: