cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

851W firewall config won't load

lanman032
Level 1
Level 1

It's been several years since I worked with Cisco routers, but I wanted something good for my home network. Now, when I try to deliver the configuration to the router (using the SDM application), it comes back with an error, saying "Error detected at this command. Click OK." The command referenced was "class-map type inspect match-any sdm-cls-insp-traffic." If I click OK, nothing appears to be delivered to the router. When I close the SDM app and open it up again, the firewall is not configured. Any idea how I can get around this?

4 Replies 4

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

The problem that you are having are limitations on your router. The 851 does not support the zone based firewall. This feature is supported with the advanced IP services IOS... which unfortunately is not available for the 851. There is a known bug within SDM that tries to configure the zone based firewall even if the router doesn't support the Zone-based firewall. If you do find this a necessity I would recommend the 871 router that will support the firewall and many other features.

HTH,

Mark

Thanks for explaining what's going on. I suspected that it might be something like that. Now, how do I configure this router? Is there a resource somewhere that will give me some guidance for that? I've done some looking, but haven't come up with anything useful yet.

Thanks again,

Skip

Skip,

Here is the configuration guide for the 850/870 series routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/850/software/configuration/guide/857sg_bk.pdf

Mark

Mark,

Thanks very much. That, along with some other stuff I found at Tech Republic should be all I'll need.

Skip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: